Getting lost in Venice |

Venice is that dream you never want to wake from. Every corner you turn, you walk deeper into real life water colour paintings that a camera can never do justice. Literally a maze of canals, small streets, bridges and the guarantee of getting lost. In my first moments on the boat ride I fell in love with Venice, it was more amazing than I had expected (and my expectations were set high.)

The floating city is made up by lots of tiny islands - 118 to be exact. Gondola's are amazing boats that have been around for years and is the main type of transport around Venice and all the stunning canals. Expensive for a ride but worth it. Of course I tried some of the best homemade pizza from a cute stall. Everything about this place is perfect.

Venice can get very crowded and extremely touristy.....I tried to avoid all of that. I got lost down side streets, forced myself to speak Italian to locals and took in every special moment of it.
I love getting lost...having nothing to worry about, as long as I have a bed to sleep in that night. I love the feeling of being completely anonymous in a city I've never been to before.











I can happily say I ate my weight in gelato's though out my visit. Now I'm going to let you in on a secret to finding the best Gelato! If the containers are overflowing with gelato then generally you can trust its handmade and not manufactured. Of course fresh real gelato is the best so look out for banana flavour if its a natural creamy colour than the shop ideally makes it fresh if its bright yellow and artificial walk away and find a better Galerie. 



As I look through my photo's and memories I see how I am unconditionally smiling, even when caught off guard. Italy is my happy place. Here's a few snaps to make you fall in love with the city. 



Of course Venice is known for the "city of love" so a cliche canal dinner was definite. Classic pizza, traditional Italian cocktail Spritz, defiantly worth the try super refreshing especially in the heat. A memorable last night.


-I WISH I COULD OF SPENT LONGER AND FALLEN DEEPER IN LOVE WITH THE PLACE.


Comments

Popular Posts