Return to San Francisco, top 20 |


I promised previously I would come back to this beautiful city and continue adventuring until my heart is content. Swinging back to San Fransisco Here are my top 20 things to do & eat. 



Kirby Cove - As pictured above, this would have to be my favourite view of San Fransisco, just across the famous Golden Gate bridge take a pathway to Kirby Cove campsite and follow down to the beach. If I ever come back I will be camping here for sure. So close to the city, yet far enough away surrounded in forrest with the sound of the waves rolling onto the sand. What makes this place irresistible is the swing, perfect and peaceful place to relax away from the hustle of the city. 



Golden Gate Bridge - The most iconic, but a must do. Walk across this beautiful piece of architecture, a photographers dream! Be blown away by the view. Literally. 



I recommend catching a glowing sunset. One of the most breath taking evenings I've experienced so far on my journey!



Shout out to my new French friends that I met on my adventures, Quentin and Antonie. We didn't realise the bridge closes at 9pm for pedestrians (SO BEWARE) as we were walking along after sunset, the sky hit us with darkness, illuminating the unrealistic looking full freesia moon! A magical moment, until security thought be were a bomb threat, as we had stopped in awe for so long at the edge of the bridge and forced us into a little buggy. Driving us to the other side of the bridge, in stiff silence, I questioned if we were being arrested....All now is history and a hilarious memory. 




The View - Restaurant and bar with jaw dropping views, prime location to meet with friends, and enjoy the sunset.


Castro Disrtict - One of the first gay neighbourhoods in America. Be sure to feel happiness, with all the vibrant rainbow colours. Historic buildings and a whole lot of charecter. Head to 18th and Castro Street for this fun crosswalk.



China town fortune cookie factory - Fortune cookies were actually invented in San Fran, curious I visited. Tasting fresh hot cookies and then customising and making my own fortune cookies. I highly recommend this experience, however moments before I ate at a small Chinese restaurant and it was properly the worst meal I’d eaten so don’t make the same mistake and look online for ratings.



Visit twin peaks - for insanely good views of the whole city, perfect for sunset and panoramas. Very windy however, after visiting here this confirmed San Francisco is the windiest city in the world. 



The Art of Dr. Suess - A gallery I stumbled upon wandering the streets. Taking me back to my childhood with amazing imagery and original sketches of the classic Cat in the Hat, The Grinch who stole Chirstmas & so much more.



Oakland Bridge - Something that blows my mind away is that Oakland bridge is illuminated beautifully throughout the night and not the Golden Gate bridge. I’m defiantly not complaining as the view is beautiful, just found the concept odd.  




Coit Tower - Perched on Telegraph Hill, A beautiful lookout that will make you feel like Rapunzel or some fairy tail character, amongst beautiful scenery. The tower built in memory of Lillian Hitchcock, whom left her fortune to the city of San Francisco. Having a strong relationship with the cities Fire fighters, it was a thank you present. Enjoy the 360-degree panoramic views, spotting ever iconic piece of San Fran, it's for $7 an adult, you can go to the top, totally worth it. 



Mission Dolores Park - Great views of the skyline, perfect for a sunset picnic, relaxing and most impressing is the people watching. Not too touristy, more of a local hot spot.



Pier 39 - Along the fisherman's wharf the streets buzz, with something exciting around every corner. Spot the wild sea lions as they sun bathe on the pontoons. A truly beautiful place to spend the afternoon. 


Full House - The '80's to 90's series, featuring the Olsen twins. These famous landmarks, also known as "the painted ladies." are located on Broderick Street. Enjoy pretty Victorian styled houses throughout San Francisco, however these beauties however stand out.



Lombard road - the world famous road that sharply winds and turns, surrounded by beautiful agriculture. Points if you dress up as Mario Kart. 




Mr. Holmes Bakehouse - The best crossiant I have ever hadin my life, an amazing smell hits you and before you know it you see the Instagram famous neon lights “I got baked in San Fransisco.” 




Boudin - Classic San Fran sourdough bowl filled with hot steamy soup, the perfect balance with a sea breeze from the warf. 




Uncle Vito’s Pizzeria - My love for pizza was proved even more. A small family business, fresh dough made every morning, delicious scents fill the whole restaurant. For all pizza lovers and even those who don’t love pizza check this place out.



Little Giant Ice Cream - Cute little shop with big favours that melt in your mouth.



The Cheesecake Factory - Found all over the states a high recommendation. Even so more the Union Square location as you are on the 7th floor and have amazing rooftop views.




Five Guys - Don’t do a Jess and order a hotdog (that was really delicious, but...) then find out this place is famous for burgers…Amazing takeaway and free peanuts!




San Francisco's Fish Co - Located in the iconic ferry building. Being from New Zealand fish’n’chips is very specific for me. A huge fillet of fish and chunky fries, instead french fries and fish bits battered with very good flavour, nice, but not what I expected. 



After all of these adventures and great eats, I still didn't make it to Alcatraz, which sadly you need to book in advance (something I'm not good at, I prefer going with the flow.) So this just means I will have to return once again to San Francisco to continue my journey.



Comments

Popular Posts