Wonder of the world Yosemite |







My Californian dream continued with an early wake up, ensuring a full day packed of adventure. Today I was to explore another wonder of the world Yosemite. I begun my hike up the mist trail, travelling up to Vernal falls. I challenged myself to steep granite, was refreshed with magical mist and to my amazement was able to capture moments with a rare moonbow.


Moonbow;[moon-bow] noun 1. A moonbow, also known as a lunar rainbow or white rainbow, is a rainbow produced by light reflected off the surface of the moon. Spray moonbows can be found from spary, fog or mist, most commonly off waterfalls. Moonbows are most easily viewed when the moon is at or nearest to its brightest phase full moon. The moon should be low in the sky at an elevation of less than 42 degrees.


I can definitely say I got my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! As I continued to hike unto Nevada falls. The views were absolutely breath taking and majestical. My head was in the clouds…literally. The walk back down was actually more tiring than going up. A great chance to deep breath, clear my mind, soak up some rays of sun and enjoy the beauty of nature.




Comments

Popular Posts